- Model NO.: As per required
- Method: Dynamic
- Capacity: 500 - 1800 RTH
- Specification: GB / ASME / EN / BS
- Main Equipment: Ice-on-Coil
- Usage: Civil & Industrial
- Trademark: SOMEC
- Origin: China
Ice thermal storage technology is a complete set of process and equipments using electric power to make and store ice during off-peak night time and to deliver the stored ice as cold source to air-conditioning system during peak day time in order to meet the peak load needs of air-condition. The purpose of this system is to ease high load needs of power grid during peak day time so as to achieve load shifting and improve the efficiency of energy utilization. Along with the arising of energy crisis worldwide, this ice thermal storage technology currently is becoming one of the effective ways to resolve energy shortages in many countries.
1) Simply process, mature technology, design size and capacities on the basis of user's needs
2) Effectively shifting the on-peak electric load to off-peak, balance power grid
3) Relatively common air-conditioning cooling system, save investing and running cost
1) Cost advantage: Ice thermal storage technology saves cost of air-conditions equipment,reduces installed capacity and power rate of chiller (30%-50%), decreases investment on the related power devices, e.g. transformer, distribution cabinet etc.
2) Economic effectiveness: Ice thermal storage technology uses power rate difference from on-off peak time to largely reduce running cost (30%-50%, the proportion is in accordance with specific circumstances).
3) Technical advantage: Clear energy saving effect, flexible cooling capacity adjustment, non-use or less-use of cooler during transition season, emergency function can be launched by using captive power to switch water pump melting ice so as to maintain the running reliability of air-conditioning system, mature technology, simply equipments, less investment, long service life.
3. Application scopes:
Office building, hotel, restaurant, airport, waiting room, shopping mall, supermarket; sports center, exhibition hall, theater, hospital; chemical oil industry, pharmaceutical industry, food processing industry, precision electronic instrumental industry, brewing industry, dairy product industry and the other fields where the current air-conditioning system unable to meet current load needs requiring to enlarge ice capacity.