- Scope: Engineering, Supervision, Commissioning, Training, O&M
- Specification: GB / ASME
- Trademark: SOMEC
- Origin: China
Power plant main equipment comprises boiler, steam turbine, generator, etc. which contribute to the main energy conversion process from thermal energy to mechanical energy, and then from mechanical energy to electric energy. During the power plant running, those factors such as coupling of equipment, complexity of systems, and the special working environment of high-temperature, high-pressure and high-revolving-speed, etc. all together define a production place with high fault rate and huge fault hazard, which may produce enormous economic loss and severe social problem. Thus, the capability of troubleshooting with advanced equipment and experienced experts in judging fault results, fault position, fault reasons as well as fault degradation are very necessary in defining a proper maintenance timing and avoiding customers' losses.
Typical troubles & faults for entire power plant:
1. Overall start-up failure
2. Existing operating team not qualified for normal plant running
3. Plant performance cannot reach rated values
Typical faults for main equipment:
1. Boiler: Superheater leakage; economizer leakage; water wall leakage; precipitator fault;
2. Turbine: Imbalance; misalignment; rotor impact & rubbing; impeller detachment; steam flow excited vibration; bearing high vibration, etc.
3. Generator: Oil slick whipping; stator coil insulation fault; stator coil overheating; rotor winding fault; cooling water system fault, etc.
4. Transformer: 1. Coil turn-to-turn short circuit; winding disconnection; winding interphase short circuit; high oil temperature at normal load condition, etc.